Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Why You Need Stomach Acid (Part 2)

This is part 2 of a series of articles relating GERD and low acid stomach. For part 1 click here.

How to increase stomach acid

If you read and recall from the first part of this series, HCL or Hydrochloric Acid is the reason for many diseases. In order to improve digestion you can buy HCL on a pill. With this pill you are temporarily stimulating your stomach to get your body to produce its own stomach acid. Betaine hydrochloride is a chemical substance made in a laboratory, which is used to temporarily increase stomach acid production. Unfortunately there isn't much medical research on this area, so dosage is left up to the patient to decide.  To make things worse, doctors might never give you Betaine HCL as a means to heal diseases, since it is labeled as a dietary supplement. I cannot recommend a suggested dosage, since Betaine will serve your needs depending on how grave your condition is. But I suggest you start small and then increase the dosage until you feel a small burning sensation on your belly for an instant relief. Once you have reached that sensation, it's time to reduce the dosage by one pill (or half a pill). Do this for every meal you consume [1].

Even though Betaine will help relieve many of the symptoms you might have, this is however not the solution. Betaine will indeed NOT make you produce more HCL on a long term. Science has gotten very far into determining the different kinds of stomach problems a human being may face, but it is far from having all the solutions. Even naturopaths who claim to know it all, don't know it all. In fact, they know nothing.

How to improve your digestion once and for all

You might have the problem I had, or might have something totally different. We will 
probably never know. What you can do however is to try and fix on a natural basis different problems that you might have. If you see an improvement, well then continue with it. If not, then change the treatment. I this article I will propose one treatment.

You see, I thought for a long time I had low stomach acid. Or maybe I did, but that wasn't the whole story. In fact my stomach was "nervous" which led to me probably producing low levels of HCL and other strange things. I do have good news. I healed and I did it with medically proven natural ingredients. Yes, there is such a thing. It is called Iberogast.  
 

Iberogast is a mixture of extracts from bitter candytuft (Iberis amara), angelica root (Angelicae radix), milk thistle fruit (Silybi mariani fructus), celandine herb (Chelidonii herba), caraway fruit (Carvi fructus), liquorice root (Liquiritiae radix), peppermint herb (Menthae piperitae folium), balm leaf (Melissae folium) and chamomile flower (Matricariae flos) [1]. Now don't get me wrong, I am endorsing Iberogast and getting money out of it. If you do find a different solution with the same ingredients and dosage, then go ahead and try it out. I am just pointing out what worked out for me.

In fact, regularly drinking Iberogast has helped me heal from all the stomach problems I had and I even continue drinking it. It might help you, or might not. But you can at least try. It's natural and it's approved by doctors. In the meantime I can give you some time-proven recipes to treat the most common symptoms of GERD and bloating.

Treating common symptoms

If you want to treat common GERD symptoms I will warn you, you will be drinking a lot of tea/fluids. In fact you can drink: 
  • chamomille tea to reduce heartburn pain, 
  • peppermint tea to reduce belching and bloating, 
  • fresh ginger tea to stop heartburn, 
  • and of course drink Iberogast to increase and regulate stomach acid (amongst other digestive problems)
Every human being needs stomach acid. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. There is a reason why our stomach has been built they way it has been. Whether you have low stomach acid or not, well let's hope you don't.
 
Sources:
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iberogast

0 comments:

Post a Comment